About the GGRA
The Greenfield and Grasscroft Residents Association has existed for more than 25 years and has the following aims:
- To serve the interests of our neighbourhood (i.e. Greenfield , Grasscroft, Friezland and Lydgate)
- To raise awareness of local issues and increase participation in local democracy
- To support our local environment and protect the greenbelt
- To provide an effective voice for residents, defend their interests on public issues
- To lobby Oldham Council and other bodies on behalf of residents
Our activities include:
- A forum for advice and consultation
- Representation on behalf of Greenfield and Grasscroft residents
- Dissemination of news and information to local residents
- Liaison with the Press
- Attendance at public meetings
GGRA is affiliated to the Campaign for the Preservation of Rural England (CPRE) who provide advice and support on countryside and green-belt issues, e.g. planning, quiet Lanes, noise/light pollution and mobile phone masts.
Serving as a lobby group to represent the views of local people, GGRA is not affiliated to a political party.
Above all, GGRA serves to improve communication within our villages, helping to enhance our sense of community.